August 21st 2020
We are so excited that we are in our seventh week of being open since the closure of childcare facilities! Over these past few weeks we have created a new rhythm and have found our footing as staff and families. Coming September 1st we will be allowed to return to operating at full capacity while still ensuring the safety of all children and staff. If you are interested in registering for a childcare space, please visit our registration page.
July 6th 2020
Lakeside Child Care Centre is now open! We have many new protocols in place to keep your kids safe.
March 17, 2020
Lakeside Child Care Centre will be closed effective immediately until further notice. Please check this page for updates as well as the Lakeside Child Care Facebook page. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
March 16, 2020
Lakeside Child Care Families,
The Lakeside Child Care Centre receives direction from the County of Wellington, and the Ontario Ministry of Education. At this time, licensed childcare centres will remain open, and will actively screen children, parents, staff and visitors for any symptoms (fever, runny nose, cough, or other signs of not being well), and travel history that may be related to COVID-19 based on the Ministry’s case definition. It is critical that we keep COVID-19 out of our childcare spaces.
Should guidance from the Country and the Province change, we will keep you informed. At this time we are putting into practice the following:
- During this time of caution, we want children to know that washing their hands with soap and water, and keeping their hands away from their eyes, nose and mouth is very important.
- Teach your child how to wash their hands, ensuring they use soap and sing Happy Birthday twice before rinsing their hands.
- When you arrive at the church for drop-off or pick-up, adults please use the hand sanitizer on the columns as you enter the building.
- We have increased our sanitary procedures within our childcare spaces as per County of Wellington direction.
- We have stopped childcare tours and outside visitors.
- We have stopped sensory activities.
- We have stopped family-style dining in both programs. Food will be plated and served individually to children.
- If anyone in your family travels outside Canada, a 14-day mandatory self-isolation period will be required.
We appreciate your understanding and patience!