Child Care Centre Lead Program Intern
This is a temporary summer student position and is conditional on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Resumes accepted until Wednesday, April 24
- Position conditional on receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding
- Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be between 15-30 years of age
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Must have a valid social insurance number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have current CPR Level C with AED/Standard First Aid
- Must be willing to obtain Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire
- Must have up-to-date immunization records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable with technology
- 30 hours per week for a total of 16 weeks at $14/hour
- Temporary: May 6 – August 23, 2019
The Child Care Centre Lead Program Intern will report to and be mentored by the Lakeside Child Care Centre Supervisor and Registered Early Childhood Educators. The Lead Program Intern will be responsible for creating and implementing activities for each program that engage all areas of children’s development.
The ideal candidate will be a high school graduate with a passion for working with children in a faith-based, non-profit childcare setting. They should be pursuing a career in Early Childhood Education or a similar field.
- Collaboration: Work alongside other staff and interns in a team setting.
- Curriculum Implementation: Work alongside staff to create and implement age appropriate curriculum, incorporating emergent-based ideas and How Does Learning Happen.
- Event Planning: Develop and lead a special event for children and their families.
- Administration: Work with Supervisor to learn the administrative side of running a child care centre.
- Care: Monitor the class and modify it as required to meet the needs of the children. Provide daily care routines for children – diapers, sleep time, eating times, etc. Build rapport and relationships with families.
- Special Needs: Work with staff to provide extra support for children with special needs.
- Social Media: Provide support and monitoring of our social media profiles and platforms. Able to use HiMama App to communicate with families throughout the day.
- Other: Other duties as assigned.
Occasional Child Care Worker
Lakeside Child Care Centre is a Christian, non-profit, community-based, licensed child care centre that offers programs for children ages 18-48 months. We are devoted to the overall well-being of children by teaching Biblical principles and modeling the love of Jesus Christ. We are committed to providing high quality care to all children, with the guidance of qualified and passionate educators. We aim to provide an environment where children can be engaged and inspired through play experiences, and grow in their sense of curiosity and learning.
If you enjoy young children and you’re looking for a job with flexibility, this is it! Possibility of 3-20 hours (or more).
Rate of Pay: $16/hour
- Up-to-date CPR Level C/Standard First Aid certification
- Up-to-date immunizations
- Recent vulnerable sector check (not to exceed six months) or able to get one upon hire
Applicants need to be:
- Flexible and willing to work any hours between 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Reliable and easy to contact for shifts
Duties and skills required include:
- Ability to work effectively within a team of teachers
- Able to implement/follow daily schedule
- Desire to meet the needs of all the children in each program
- Maintaining a safe and sanitary classroom
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits that contribute to their well-being at LCCC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Any additional tasks outlined by classroom teachers or supervisor
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Marla Dobson at email@example.com